Masturbation: That uncomfortable topic that’s often avoided due to awkwardness, but everyone knows it, loves it and embraces it in all its feel-good glory. It’s time to set the standard yet again with these surprising benefits of self-pleasure.
1. Masturbation Benefits: Stress
1. It’ll alleviate your stress.
Feeling tighly wound? Grab your favorite vibrator and go to town. Masturbation lowers your blood pressure and releases endorphins needed to help you cool down.
2. Masturbation Benefits: Sleep
2. It’ll help you catch some extra Zzz’s.
In the same way as with stress, masturbation can get you to sleep quicker. The increased relaxation is just what an insomniac needs.
3. Masturbation Benefits: UTis
3. It’ll ease that pesky UTI.
If you’re used to dealing with frequent UTIs, you might want to self-please more often. The act helps flush out old bacteria from the cervix, giving some relief for those suffering through the pain and discomfort.
4. Masturbation Benefits: Better Sex
4. Sex will be better.
Masturbation will give you the chance to get to know your body better for when it comes time to be with a partner. Learn what you like, what you don’t like and just how to get it all going.
5. Masturbation Benefits: Cramps
5. Cramps will become a thing of the past.
Perhaps the best benefit of masturbation is relief from menstrual cramps. The act increases blood flow to the pelvic area, just as if having an orgasm.