1. Always take off makeup at night: We all know that wearing makeup to bed can’t be good but a lot of people still give into fatigue and sleep with a full face. Wearing makeup to bed can clog your pores and cause you to break out.
2. Don’t tug at your skin: It won’t benefit you to be rough on your skin. Be gentle when applying skincare products. It is better to dab in most products but if you must rub, try rubbing upwards to avoid dragging your skin down as this will cause sagging in the long run. The eye area is delicate so it is worth it to invest in a good eye makeup remover. Mary Kay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover is an affordable option to reduce the way you tug at your eyes.
3. Invest in a good BB cream: BB creams are amazing because they give you the benefits of skincare and makeup. There are some which don’t have beneficial ingredients so always check the ingredient list to know what you’re working with. Both Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream SPF35 and Clinique Super City Block™ BB Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50 are wonderful examples of BB creahat give some coverage and still deliver antioxidants and sunscreen.
4. Drink more water: This may sound cliche but water will detoxify your body reducing breakouts and also improve your skin’s moisture barrier giving you softer, smoother skin. Make sure you are getting up to 6 glasses of water a day
5. Drink green tea: If you want great skin, try drinking green tea every other day. Green tea is packed with antioxidants which give so many amazing anti ageing benefits to the skin. Plus it helps with weight loss.
6. Rest: Lack of rest can cause you to have serious eye bags. Your body repairs itself when you sleep and your skin won’t flourish as it should if you keep missing out on sleep.
7 Take short hot showers: Don’t spend so much time in hot showers. Hot water may feel amazing in the cold early morning but the truth is that it strips your skin of its natural oils and dulls your complexion so don’t indulge too much.